Panneau de contrôle du modérateur ]

Best place to Weta in France

For all our friends in Europe, and the rest of the world : you are welcome !

Best place to Weta in France

Messagepar beignets chaud » Jeu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 am

Bon Jour Weta Amis et Amies,

Je m'appelle "Hot Donuts." Je suis Weta sailor de San Francisco. My dream is to one day move to France, either in retirement or if lucky to find work, sooner. Moi and ma femme sont looking for the best place to find our maison. I would like to be near other Wetas and race. I enjoy fort winds as je suis gross homme! Some of you may have seen my videos on my www.youtube.com/hotyachts site. Well, we are taking french lessons at the college, so you can all make fun of my poor French when I arrive. Our budget is just a few donuts, so we can't afford Cote d'Azur. Maybe Languedoc, or if I can bear the weather, Brittany? I believe it is more in my budget. I am a photographer and maybe can make a living there doing weddings? Here I am head of video production for a large corporation, but used to be a Sports Illustrated photographer. Well, growing grapes is not my thing, but I hope to find something there if possible so I can move before the bones get too old to bend. Au revoir. J'aime francais.

Jonathan Weston
Jonathan Weston
Weta 397
Beignets Chauds
beignets chaud

Re: Best place to Weta in France

Messagepar pgenestier » Jeu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 am

Hello Jonathan,

If you are not fond of rain, you can also consider southmost places rather than Brittany: lakes like lac du Bourget, la de sainte croix (Alps), ... Being subjective I would recommend lac du Bourget where there is already a fleet of 4 Weta and a very active yacht club https://sites.google.com/a/cnva.com/cnvaaixlesbains/. But there are other places like Tours (I leave Trimousig make the argument for DWJ yacht club...).

But if you want to have a wider view of possibilities and if you are not in a hurry, you may also consider coming to our next national where you'll be able to meet a wide range of french weta sailors. If you are interested in having a view of the repartition of Weta in France you can go to the following link: https://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201836446621758880335.00048179741a384fb0e9a&gl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=46.225453,2.197266&spn=10.823867,15.830955&t=h&source=embed&dg=feature or: http://www.weta.fr/la-communaute-weta/une-communaute-active.html.

I hope you'll find what fits best with your expectations.

Best regards,

Philippe
Edelweiss 2 - N° 542
pgenestier

Messagepar beignets chaud » Ven Sep 12, 2014 12:00 am

Merci Beaucoup, Phillipe! There are some great places to sail there of course, one could not go wrong. Perhaps I can talk the wife into coming to the Nationals. First I have to win ours in a few weeks. Your club looks magnificent, like, well, don't want to insult, Garda. But the wind? It looks to be over in Brittany, no? I do like the warm weather though, having been spoiled by 20 years of windsurfing on Maui. I used to be featured often in France's Wind Magazine, they called me "Johnny Halucinogen" for all the crazy photos. It was quite a few donuts ago.

We have not seen rain here in 8 months, but wind? Lots of wind. I would trade it for some French culture however, the wind would be a bonus. I lean towards the nice French countryside but like to be near a village. The south looks dried up like a fig, and with all the modern buildings, not my cup of the. So where are the French Nationals? Okay, off to French Class and burying myself in Duolingo. Thank you again.

Jonathan
Jonathan Weston
Weta 397
Beignets Chauds
beignets chaud

Messagepar françoise » Ven Sep 12, 2014 6:54 am

Bonjour,je note que vous redigerz ce message mélangeant le français et anglais,moi,je préfère que vous utilisiez le français......... ;) ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________coque nokia 520coque google nexus 5coque nokia lumia 520
Dernière édition par françoise le Dim Sep 14, 2014 1:49 am, édité 1 fois au total.
françoise

Messagepar Laurent » Ven Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm

françoise a écrit:Bonjour,je note que vous redigerz ce message mélangeant le français et anglais,moi,je préfère que vous utilisiez le français......... ;) ;)

[Moderator Mode : ON]

Bonjour, Hello Françoise,

I would absolutely agree with your comment above, but please note the title of this section of our beloved French WETA forum : "English Spoken Here". We created this section some time ago to promote exchanges with WETA people outside our French community, who might feel more comfortable with English than French. English is thus the language of choice here, and Beignets Chauds ;) should feel welcome to use Shakespeare's language :)

[Moderator Mode : OFF] 8-)

@ Beignets Chauds

Best place to sail :
THUMBNAIL
sillon_talbert.jpg
Sillon de Talbert, Côtes d'Armor

THUMBNAIL
AP lezardrieux0045.jpg
Weta Europe Home, Lezardrieux, Côtes d'Armor
Laurent - Forum Admin
http://www.weta.fr
Laurent
Site Admin

Messagepar beignets chaud » Sam Sep 13, 2014 3:57 am

C'est bien, Laurent . Je fais de mon mieux pour apprendre le français . Mais il faudra beaucoup de temps . Google traduction est la tricherie ! Peut aussi bien utiliser l'électronique pour la voile ... mais cela est légal en France . Merci pour les belles photos aériennes . Il ressemble à un endroit agréable pour des voiliers .

beignets
Jonathan Weston
Weta 397
Beignets Chauds
beignets chaud